So we are officially hitting the Clean Eating as of Saturday (When our £20-off-your-first-order Ocado delivery arrives) but I decided to hit up a new recipe and try to make it clean as a trial.
1 organic chorizo sausage (this wouldnt fit in with some peoples definitions of ‘clean’ but it is pretty necessary with my carnivore husband, and organic makes it passable in my opinion)
pinch chilli flakes
1 can chickpeas
2 cans tomatoes
50g green beans
100g green lentils
400ml chicken stock
1. Cut the chorizo into bitesize chunks, add it into the frying pan and dry fry (the chorizo produces a lot of oil of its own so doesnt need any in with it). Add the dried chilli flakes, fry for about 2 minutes. Drain off as much oil as you can at this point. Chorizo is so oily, and although it’s probably tastier if you dont drain the oil off, it also probably makes it look a whole lot more appealing when you serve it up, without oil floating on top!!
2. Add in the onions. Fry for a further 2 mins.
3. Add in the two tins of tomatoes, chicken stock, tin of chickpeas, lentils and carrots. Bring to the boil and then simmer for approx 15 mins.
4. Add the green beans and cook for a further 5 mins.
5. Divide up into multiple portions for lunches for the week 🙂 We got 6 portions from this.
This soup is so yummy, and the lentils and chickpeas make it filling enough that it keeps me going for the afternoon. I do think a good soup is a winner for lunch.