So today is day one of properly hitting the clean eating effort. We had a mammoth Ocado order delivered this morning, full of whole grains and various beans and lentils, and I for one am EXCITED!!!
So tonight, I needed to fit in doing aerobics into what was already a very busy day, so my wonderful husband cooked for me. In spite of me being in a pretty hideous mood all day! He is a good egg indeed.
So here’s what we had, it was awesome!!
1 packet fish pie mix
1 tsp each of cumin, coriander and garam masala
1/2 tsp of turmeric and ground ginger
1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
3 cloves garlic peeled and grated (I totally use garlic out of a jar, so lazy but SO easy and no garlic fingers)
1 chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1/2 green chilli
3 tsps of mild curry powder
400g can of tinned tomatoes
400g can of low fat coconut milk
200ml low sodium fish stock
1. In a bowl, rub the fish pie mix with a pinch of each of the spices and set aside
2. Heat a large pan, add the coconut oil and fry the garlic, ginger and chili. Add the remaining spices and fry for a few minutes until it smells good (best description I can give)
3. Add the onion and fry until soft, then slowly add the curry powder. Stir in the tinned tomatoes and the fish stock and simmer for 5 minues. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 15 more minutes (or until it starts to thicken)
4. Brown the fish pie mix in another hot pan quickly. Don’t stir too much so the fish doesn’t break up.
5. Add the fish to the curry sauce, and simmer for a couple more minutes. Taste, and if it needs it, add a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Serve with brown rice, and fat free greek yoghurt.